Star Package Health Insurance Plan
Star Package policy is a unique family floater policy that protects your family against various risks and contingencies. It provides a gamut of covers for various health risks, household contents, education grant, travel baggage and public liability all under a single policy
The death, injury or sickness of the breadwinner, or indeed, any family member can create serious financial problems for your family. Star Package insures you against these circumstances.
Have a doubt?
What is Covered?
It is a unique product wich provides coverage under 8 sections:Health Guard: This section protects you and your family in case of serious accident or major illness, by providing cashless benefit and medical reimbursement for hospital expenses.
Hospital Cash: Hospital cash guards you and your family against the trauma that you face because of increased financial burdens during hospitalization. The section provides cash benefits for each day (24 hours) of hospitalization to meet the resulting expenses.
Critical Illness: A lump-sum amount will be given to the insured once he/she is diagnosed with a critical illness. Donor expenses in a transplant surgery, which are not covered under normal health insurance policy, can be paid from the amount received under this cover.
Personal Accident: The section provides coverage against accidental death, Permanent Total Disability (PTD), Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) and Temporary Total Disability (TTD) to the insured person.
Education Grant: In case of an accidental death or PTD of the insured person, the sum insured as per this section in the schedule, would be payable towards continuing the education of the deceased's surviving child/children.
Household Contents: Under this section, the insured will be covered for the losses incurred due to an actual or attempted burglary or housebreaking.
Travelling Baggage: This section will cover your personal baggage while travelling anywhere in India, with respect to accidental loss, destruction of, and damage caused to personal baggage.
Public Liability: This section protects you against legal liability for bodily injury or damage to property of a third party.
* You must opt for a minimum of any three coverages from the list given above.
- This section covers all medical expenses incurred during hospitalization.
- Pre and post-hospitalization expenses will be covered under this section (60 and 90 days respectively).
- Ambulance charges of Rs.1000 will be covered per hospitalization.
- Free health check-up after 4 claim-free years.
- Income tax benefit up to Rs.35000 can be availed under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
- This section gives daily allowance for miscellaneous expenses.
- The cover available under this section is Rs.500/Rs.1000/Rs.2000/Rs.2500 per day for every 24-hour hospitalization.
- 30 days of hospitalization period is covered during a year( The amount of cover is doubled for a maximum of 7 days if the customer is admitted in ICU).
- For example: if a customer gets admitted in hospital for 10 days and the hospital cash cover is Rs.500 per day, then the customer will get Rs.5000 from Bajaj Allianz through cheque after getting discharged from the hospital.
- This cover is applicable even if the spouse or children are hospitalized.
- This cover can be taken according to your monthly income/IT Returns in case of business.
The following critical illnesses will be covered under this section:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- First Heart Attack (Myocardial Infraction)
- Kidney Failure
- Major Organ Transplant
- Aorta Graft Surgery
- Primary Pulmonary Arterial
- Neuro Surgery
- Joint Replacement surgery
- Multiple Sclerosis
- The benefit amount is payable once the disease is diagnosed, meeting specific criteria as defined in the policy, and if the insured person survives for 30 days after the diagnosis.
- The amount is given as a lump-sum, so that the insured can plan the treatment accordingly.
- The benefit amount is payable once the disease is diagnosed.
- Accidental Death.
- Accidental Permanent Total Disability.
- Accidental Permanent Partial Disability.
- Temporary Total Disability.
- This section offers a payment to the assignee in case of accidental death or permanent total disability of the policholder.
- The amount would be payable towards continuing the education of the deceased's surviving children.
This section covers loss or damage to the household property due to:
- Explosion and implosion
- Act of God perils
- Strike, riots and malicious damage.
- Impact damage.
- Aircraft damage
- Missile testing
- Leakage of automatic sprinkler system
- Landslide, rockslide and subsidence
- Bush fire
- Any accidental loss or damage to personal baggage while travelling anywhere in the world is covered under this section.
- This section covers the insured against any legal liability due to bodily injury and property damage to third party. The policy covers legal liability resulting in financial burdens.
Frequently Asked Questions and Support
* The information given above is only indicative in nature. For details of the coverage and exclusions, please contact our nearest office.
The above brochure is applicable for policies in-force from 1 October 2013 onwards. Customers with policies dated 30 September 2013 and before, please click here