What is Two Wheeler Insurance?
A two wheeler insurance policy covers you financially against damages to your bike or scooter and injuries sustained by you due to unforeseen events such as accidents, thefts or natural disasters. Bike insurance policies also cover you against financial liabilities arising out of injuries or damages caused to third-parties in an accident. The costs involved can make a major dent in your finances. Two wheeler insurance policies provide financial protection against such setbacks.
Why do you need Two Wheeler Insurance?
While two wheelers offer convenience, comfort and freedom, they are also one of the most unsafe modes of transport, accounting for a majority of the accidents and fatalities on the road. Accidents can wreck your asset and injure you or cause injuries to others on the road, potentially leading to huge financial losses. It is, therefore, important to protect yourself and your asset. Two wheeler insurance does just that.
Two wheeler insurance policies generally provide two kinds of covers:
- Cover against damage to the vehicle or the rider due to unforeseen events
- Cover against financial liability arising out of injuries caused to third parties in an accident
Bajaj Allianz's comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy provides coverage in both the scenarios.
Key Benefits of Two Wheeler Insurance
- Online purchase and renewal: You can buy two wheeler insurance online in just a few clicks - it's that easy and convenient. The same applies for insurance renewal as well. You can get instant two wheeler insurance quotes without any paperwork.
- Transfer of No Claim Bonus: You can transfer up to 50% of your No Claim Bonus (NCB) from any bike insurance provider. The NCB is a reward from an insurance provider for not making a claim on your policy. When you switch to Bajaj Allianz, you can migrate the No Claims Bonus from your previous policy to your new one.
- Instant support: Enjoy round-the-clock claims assistance and quick SMS updates on claims status through our call centres.
- Quick claims settlement: Enjoy speedy, hassle-free and cashless claims settlement through our network of preferred garages across India. Our processes are designed to minimize turnaround time on your claims.
- Hassle-free renewal: Even if your policy has expired, no inspection is needed if you renew it online.
A Bajaj Allianz policy comes with a host of benefits and features that make it an ideal plan for your two wheeler:
Types of 2-wheeler insurance plans
Bajaj Allianz offers a wide range of plans to cater to the diverse needs of vehicle owners.
|Features||3 years Long Term Package Policy*||1 Year Package Policy|
|Renewal frequency||Once in three years||Every year|
|Coverage period||Three years||One year|
|Premium hikes||No effect in the TP premium during policy period||Every year TP premium increases|
|NCB benefit||Additional benefit at the time of renewal||As per tariff|
|NCB benefit after a claim||NCB gets reduced but does not become nil||NCB become 0 after one claim|
|Mid-term cancellation refund||Proportional refund provision even after claim during policy period||No refund in case of any claim|
*Customers can also opt for 2 years long term policy.
Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance Online
Getting insurance for your bike or scooter is now easier than ever! You can apply for a Bajaj Allianz two wheeler insurance online in just a few clicks. Buy or renew your insurance from the comfort of your home anytime, anywhere. Online two wheeler insurance is convenient, quick and hassle-free!
Exclusions to a bike insurance policy
A bike insurance policy does not cover the following:
- Normal wear and tear and general ageing of the vehicle. These are natural progressions that ultimately affect all vehicles.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown of the two wheeler
- If you are using vehicles in a manner other than for the intended purpose, then you cannot make a claim in case of damage or loss arising out of such improper use. E.g. if you buy a bike, intended for day-to-day travel, but use it for stunt motorcycling
- Damage caused to the two wheeler while it was being driven without a valid licence or under the influence of drugs or liquor
- Damage or loss caused due to a war, mutiny or a nuclear mishap
- Theft or burglary of bike accessories, unless the vehicle is stolen at the same time.
- Wear and tear of consumables like tyres and tubes. However, if the vehicle is damaged at the same time as these items, then you can claim insurance. In such a scenario, the company shall be liable for only up to 50% of the replacement cost.
Smooth and hassle-free claims process
When you have been through an accident, the last thing you want is to get involved in a lot of paperwork to claim your insurance. That is why Bajaj Allianz has made its bike insurance claims processes simple and efficient. From cashless settlement to phone assistance, making a claim is now completely hassle-free. You can make a claim in four simple steps.
- Register Your Claim
- Send your vehicle for repairs
- Submit your documents
- Get your claim settled
Motor On The Spot (Motor OTS)
Motor On The Spot (Motor OTS) is a mobile based motor insurance claim settlement service which empowers you to file claims upto Rs.10,000/-. You can self-inspect your two wheeler and receive the claim amount in your account in 20 minutes after filling all the necessary details through our mobile app - Insurance Wallet. If the loss is not so severe, we suggest that you avail the spot settlement of Two wheeler Insurance claims through Bajaj Allianz Motor OTS for Two Wheeler Insurance.
Read more about the two wheeler insurance claims process