Importance of Travel Insurance
Travelling abroad to a foreign land entails a lot of risk. Medical expenses in foreign currency and hospitalization can be prohibitively expensive. Our travel policy covers you for all medical eventualities for just a fraction of the amount you would otherwise need.
- Covers expenses of hospitalization, loss of baggage and other incidental expenses
- Covers you against trip cancellation, trip curtailment and burglary of your home*
- Quick disbursement of claims
- Global expertise matched with local knowledge
- Innovative packages to match individual needs
- Only insurance company with in-house international toll-free numbers and fax numbers
What does Our Travel Policy Cover?
If you are travelling abroad with your family, this package is specially devised for you. It covers the entire family (self & spouse - upto 60 years of age and 2 children - under the age of 21 years) for medical eventualities abroad and provides floater benefit to individual family members. Download Brochure
|Coverages||Benefits in US $|
|Medical Expenses, Evacuationand Repatriation||50000|
|Emergency dental pain relief included in (I) above||500|
|Loss of Baggage (Checked)
Note: Per Baggage maximum 50 % and per item in the baggage 10 %.
|Delay of Baggage||100|
Only 50% of the Sum assured in respect of the death of the insured person below age of 18 years
|Loss of Passport||150|
|**Per Baggage maximum 50 % and per item in the baggage 10 %. *** Only 50% of the Sum assured in respect of the death of the insured person below age of 18 years|
If you are travelling abroad with your family, this package is specially devised for you. It covers the entire family (self & spouse - upto 60 years of age and 2 children - under the age of 21 years) for medical eventualities abroad and provides floater benefit to individual family members.Download Brochure
Travel Prime Plan an online travel insurance the provides the discerning traveler an array of policies to choose from, with each policy customized to meet your specific needs. Depending upon whether one is a student, businessman, corporate executive, senior citizen or one traveling with the family, one can choose.Download Brochure
|Coverages||Benefit in US$||Benefit in US$||Benefit in US$|
|Emergency dental pain relief
included in (I) above
Only 50% of the Sum assured in respect of the death of the insured person below age of 18
|AD & D Common Carrier||2,500||5,000||5000|
|Delay of Baggage||100||100||100|
|Loss of Checked Baggage
Per Baggage maximum 50 % and per item in the baggage 10 %.
|Hijack||$50 per day to max $ 300||$60 per day to max $ 360||$60 per day to max $ 360|
|Trip Delay||$ 20 per 12 hrs to max
|$ 30 per 12 hrs to max
|$ 30 per 12 hrs to max
|Emergency Cash Advance****
Cash Advance Would include delivery charges.
|Home Burglary Insurance||Rs.1, 00,000||Rs.2, 00,000||Rs.3, 00,000|
|Hospitalization Daily Allowance||$25 per day to max $100||$25 per day to max $125||$25 per day to max $150|
|Loss of Passport||250||250||250|
|**Per Baggage maximum 50 % and per item in the baggage 10 %. *** Only 50% of the Sum assured in respect of the death of the insured person below age of 18 years **** Cash Advance Would include delivery charges.|
What if I am in Urgent Need of Cash Abroad?
One of the important features of our travel policies is Emergency Cash Advance. It is an assistance service wherein the company facilitates providing emergency cash to the insured during incidents such as theft/burglary of luggage/money or hold ups by co-coordinating with the insured person's relatives in India to provide emergency cash assistance to the insured person as per his requirement, up to the limit specified in the policy schedule.
Claim Assistance number
In case of you need any mediclaim assistance in abroad all you need to do is call us at the given toll free nos.
Click here to view toll free nos.
Any Other Special Features?
- Now get on-call support anywhere in the world. Just give a missed call on +91-124-6174720 and we'll connect with you on priority
The Golfer's Hole-in-one is a sporting gesture from the company. It offers reimbursement of expenses incurred in celebrating a hole-in-one by the insured during the trip, anywhere in the world (excluding India), in a United States Golfers' Association recognized golf course. This cover is provided in Travel Companion.
Travel Elite also provides a Golfer's Hole-in-One cover. In addition to this, it covers you against burglary of your home while you are away, along with expenses incurred in the event that your trip is cancelled or curtailed.
What are the Exclusions Applicable to Travel Policies?
- Any medical condition or complication arising from it which existed before the commencement of the policy period, or for which care, treatment or advice was sought, recommended by or received from a physician.
- Routine physical or other examination where there is no objective indication of impairment of normal health.
- Medical expenses beyond the expiry of the policy period.
- Suicide, attempted suicide or willfully self-inflicted injury or illness, mental disorder, anxiety/stress/depression/nervousness having no underlying physical illness as a cause; venereal disease, alcoholism, drunkenness or the abuse of drugs.
- Manual work or hazardous occupation, self-exposure to needless peril (except in an attempt to save human life), engaging in any criminal or illegal act.
- Pregnancy, resulting in childbirth, miscarriage, abortion, or complication arising out of any of the foregoing.
- Experimental, unproven or non-standard treatment.
- Treatment by any other system other than modern medicine (also known as Allopathy).
- The cost of spectacles, contact lenses, hearing aids, crutches and all other external appliances and/or devices whether for diagnosis or treatment.
- Delay of baggag e when the intended destination is in India.
- Loss or damage to the insured's passport as a result of the confiscation or detention by customs, police or any other authority.
- Loss which is not reported to the appropriate police authority within 24 hours of the discovery of the loss, and in respect of which an official report has not been obtained.
- Loss caused by the insured's failure to take reasonable steps to guard against the loss of passport.
Does your travel policy offer cashless service?
Yes. Our travel policy offers direct settlement for in-hospital medical expenses abroad (subject to policy terms and conditions and sub-limits).
Travel Insurance Cancellation Procedure
Before the policy start date
- The insured is expected to inform us and an E mail should be sent by the insured requesting the cancellation.
- He/she should furnish policy number or schedule number in the E mail.
*There will be a Rs 250/- cancellation charges.
After the policy start date - If the insured has not travelled
Following documents should be sent to us:
- Proof that the insured has not travelled overseas.
- Photo copy or Scan copy of all the pages (including empty pages) of the passport.
- Reason for policy cancellation.
- Visa rejection letter in case of visa refusal by embassy.
*Based on the underwriters approval the policy will be cancelled within one working day after receiving the email (and passport copy post start date).
After the policy start date - If the insured has travelled
In case of any early return of the insured person prior to expiry of the policy period, the company will refund premium at the rates shown in adjacent table (subject to no claims being incurred on the policy)
Premium to be Retained by Company
Period of Risk
Percentage of Premium
Above 50% of Policy Period
Between 40-50% of Policy Period
Between 30-40% of Policy Period
Between 20-30% of Policy Period
Policy inception-20% of Policy Period